Friday, August 17, 2007

Glucophage kicked my butt!

From my previous post you get the gist that I’ve been busier than normal lately. And when I get busy I tend to eat poorly. Not horrible, just not necessarily focusing on the ideal balance of nutrition that I normally strive for. Lately I’ve been eating too many carbs --- mainly because it’s easier to grab a sandwich for dinner and get right to work, then to take the time to cook a balanced meal. And too many carbs translates to my insulin resistance getting out of whack. And of course, that causes the glucophage to work overtime. Which in turn causes the side effects of the glucophage to be intensified. So a couple days ago my body rebelled on me. The upset stomach, diarrhea, nausea and shakiness got so bad that I left work early and went home to bed. The next day wasn’t much better. I finally figured out that it was probably the glucophage that was causing the havoc so I stopped taking my twice-daily dose yesterday. I’m feeling better today – still a bit shaky, but definitely better. Guess that teaches me a lesson to eat better, huh?~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails