Throughout my battle with obesity, lost 100 pounds and kept it off for five years I have learned that obesity is about so much more than just food. In fact, it has very little to do with food at all. Food is just the vehicle many of us use to deal with the emotions or feelings we want to hide or celebrate.
- We use food to cover anxiety and fear
- We use food to celebrate happy moments or achievements
- We use food to deal with stress or fulfill obligations
- We use food to show our love and affection for friends and family
- We use food to comfort in times of pain or sorrow