Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fuzzy Navel Protein Frozen Yogurt

DSC_7244

Thanks to my friend Lori, I've discovered my new favorite protein concoction. Except now I need to buy some Nectar Fuzzy Navel Protein because I've only got one small sample pack left. OMG! You guys are going to love this one!

Lori shared her favorite way to enjoy her protein "shake" at a recent support group meeting (remember that list of Favorite Protein Shakes?). And based her recipe, I concocted my own version.

Lori's Original Recipe

  • 1 scoop Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel Protein
  • 1 container apricot or mango yogurt
  • ice
  • a little bit of water if needed


She mixes her's in a Magic Bullet and it comes out mostly like yogurt with extra flavoring from the protein powder.

But I wanted something that was more like the ice cream shakes I've been making in my new Ninja. (Chocolate or Strawberry)

Yes, I'm still in love with my Ninja Master Prep Pro Blender. This thing is SO amazing! How have I lived so long without it??

So here's the recipe I came up with using Lori's recipe as inspiration.

Pam's Fuzzy Navel Protein Frozen Yogurt
  • 1 scoop Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel Protein
  • 1 container Carbmaster Peach Yogurt (found at local Kroger stores)
  • 1 snack size container mandarin oranges with juice
  • 1 tablespoon Splenda
  • lots of ice
  • whippage for garnish and yumminess
DSC_7240



The cast of characters - well, part of the cast, anyway. I always keep these snack-size mandarin oranges on hand. They are great on salads or in a bowl of mixed fruit. I used the oranges and juice in this recipe, but usually I'll just open the cup and drink the juice off it before adding the orange segments to whatever is on the menu.

DSC_7241
I've added all the ingredients to the small jar of the Ninja blender set. It was actually a bit too small and I should have just used the larger jar.  I had to sacrifice some ice for lack of room in the blender jar. But that's alright -- it came out just fine with a few less ice cubes.

DSC_7242
Here it is all blended up and creamy. I was afraid I'd have an issue with orange pulp in the protein shake when I finished mixing it up, but that wasn't a problem. It was super smooth and creamy. I normally don't like peaches or the flavor of peach. So adding the oranges really gave this a tart and deliciously orange flavor.


Ok, I confess.... I put part of my frozen yogurt shake into the pretty glass above for the photo shoot. That's a 12oz glass, but my recipe makes more like 24oz. So after I took this photo, I dumped it into a bigger glass and added the rest of the mixture. But hey, we all like pretty pictures, right?

I can not tell you how amazingly delicious this is! I got brain freeze because I drank it too fast. OMG! I need another one now that I'm thinking about it again.  But I've only got enough Fuzzy Navel for one more. So I'll be ordering a whole jar of it right away. I think Amazon has overnight shipping....

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails