Saturday, August 28, 2010

On my Nook: Nicholas Sparks

So the thing I love about my Nook is that I can be reading more than one thing at a time. I'm still working my way through the 365 Steps to Self Confidence that I mentioned last week ... it's the type of book that requires homework and finishing tasks assigned with each step, so it's going to take me a while to get through it. But so far it's well worth the effort and I'm learning lots about myself.

I just love the fact that carrying my Nook allows me to also read other stuff too.  I've got hundreds of books already loaded on my eReader and I can pick anything to read but still only carry one book-sized-device. I love, love, love this thing!

Last week I finished up a fun little romance novel called Seducing Mr. Right by Cherry Adair. It was light and entertaining and an easy read. Perfect for a book to enjoy while traveling when I might only have 15 or 30 minutes to read in a sitting.

Right now I'm reading a Nicholas Sparks book - A Bend in the Road.

I'm only on page 30 of this book so far... but I'm already drawn in to the characters. I love the way Sparks develops his characters in his books and really makes you feel like you know them on a personal level. He brings you into the story and lets you be a part of the scene.

When I read books I never read the blurb on the back cover or inside flap of the book jacket .... I'm the type of person who literally judges a book by its cover or pick books based on the recommendation of others. So I don't have a clear idea of what this book is about. It's a story of a man whose wife died and left him and their young son behind. Then one day the man is ready for new love in his life and finds just the right woman for him and his son.... beyond that, I'm not sure where this story is going to go and I'll just let if flow as I turn each page.

What are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading the Percy Jackson series; I love them. Yeah, they're young adult novels and not the best written ever, but they're really enjoyable. Unfortunately, they're quick reads and the cost is going to add up fast if I don't reign it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BG - I wonder if those are books you could get from the library? I haven't tried using the Overdrive system yet, but it seems they've got lots of ebooks to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pam - I don't know, I didn't even think to check! The last time I checked Overdrive, they didn't have any books I wanted to read. I really should look at it again, though. I just don't have time to make it to the physical library when they're open!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails