Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recent Blog Tweaks

I've been a busy girl since I returned from vacation. I've got some new stuff up on the blog and I wanted to give you the 10-cent-tour.

SHOP -- I've created an Amazon Store with all my favorite stuff. I confess, I'm an Amazon Shopoholic - I spend way too much money on that site (but the deals! OMG!). I get asked several times a week to recommend brands for various products or gadgets, so I thought I'd put everything together in one place for you all.  At the top of the screen there's a link called "Shop" - just click there and browse the various categories of products. Or you can scroll down on the page a bit and see the Amazon toolbar on the right.

SHARE -- Check out those cool social networking buttons on the left of this message. This will allow you to share any post on my blog with the world through Twitter or Facebook.  My ultimate goal with Journey to a Healthier Me is to help as many new post-op patients as I can and with your assistance we'll be able to reach more people.

UPDATES -- If you haven't already subscribed to the RSS feed or signed up to receive updates sent to your email inbox, it's really easy -- and the links to do either are right over there on the right side nav bar. Don't miss out on the latest posts!

ARCHIVE -- I added a cool widget that lists all of the past blog posts (almost 4 years' worth) in a single drop down box. On the right nav bar there's a section called "Archive" and it lists every post I've ever made in chronological order from the most recent to the oldest. Or for an easier way to find stuff, use the "Search" box on the right.

DONATE --  I've added the ability for you to make a donation as I've had a couple requests from people for such an opportunity. I'm humbled and flattered. The time I spend researching bariatric surgery, sharing that research and my own personal experiences with you is given voluntarily and without an expectation of payment. I'm grateful that there are those who wish to send a donation, but please do not feel obligated to do so.

5 FAVORITES -- As you saw from the post last night, I've started a new series here on Journey to a Healthier Me.  I've been brainstorming ideas for this section and I'll be sharing fun stuff with you in the coming weeks. Some ideas to look forward to: Kitchen Gadgets, Exercise Gadgets, Free Workout Music Sources, Recipe Websites, Online Nutrition Resources.... OK, lots of cool things coming. If you've got a topic you want to have added, just holler.

~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails