Today is a GOOD day. I'm happy. I'm healthy. My spirit is uplifted and I'm filled with joy. Here's my list of good things for this morning ....
- Forecast calls for 84-degrees today. For it being Apri in Michigan this is something to celebrate - a rare occurance indeed.
- Daffodils are blooming - in my yard as well as all around town. There's also some other spring bulb/flower blooming right near my front porch that's beautiful and so happy looking - I don't know what it's called and can't recall seeing it before. I also checked the large flowerpots I left outdoors over the winter and stored under my porch... looks like my chives survived and are already growing like crazy.
- The sunrise was beautiful this morning on the drive in to work. I had trouble keeping my attention focused on the road ahead - I kept looking out my left window to soak in the beauty of the sky.
- I packed my gym bag with shorts, tank top and my walking shoes and I'll hit the trails after work for a power walk and some communing with nature.
- I drove by the local auto repair shop this morning and the mechanics were outside planting an ocean of Johnny Jump Ups ... I mean literally an ocean, folks! They had already planted a million and still had a million more in flats yet to plant. Can't wait to see how it looks on the drive home.
- At my morning coffee pit stop this morning I had to fight my way to the coffee machine because the crew of guys from a lawn/landscaping company was there. I've missed them over the winter (not that I know them or anything.) They stop every morning to gas up the lawn equipment and stock up on snacks for the day. A sure sign that spring is here.
- Last night was my final session of group therapy. I got a little weepy on the drive home because I'll miss the weekly gathering with these friends who have grown even more special in the past couple months. We all knew each other before the session started, of course... but we've grown closer through out shared experience in therapy.
- I'm wearing flip flops today.
- I tried to wear capris today. I tried. Really I did. Put on 3 different pairs from last summer. All too big. Strange and frustrating. But also makes me smile. Even if the scale doesn't budge, something else is happening somewhere in my body to make my pants too big.