Friday, February 05, 2010

I'm Back & Random Thoughts

Whew!  I feel like I'm back in the land of the living again.  Lots of stuff is going on and I thought I'd catch you up on some of them.

The big event at work is over and it was a big success. Wednesday was a very long day - 16 hours of running around in high heels.  I took yesterday off work and scheduled a massage.  Best massage I'd ever gotten and it was at the massage school... that guy was amazing!

After tonight, my school schedule should be back to normal (got a field trip for Art History tonight at the Detroit Institue of Art).  I missed class on Tuesday because I was at work and then Wednesday's class was moved to tonight (Friday) for the field trip.  So I need to review next week's assignments and make sure I'm caught up on everything.

I go see the endorcinologist on Monday, so I'll provide a report on that visit when I have information. 

Meeting some WLS friends on Sunday for a Goodwill Shopping Trip -- we should have fun finding some bargains.  Also put together a 5k schedule for my support group members so we can do some races together this coming year.  It averages out to about one race per month between now and Fall.  Should be fun!

Group therapy (Graduate School) on Thursday nights is interesting and brutal.  Someone asked me if I enjoy it.  Umm.... it's not exactly "fun" stuff but I'm glad I'm doing it.  It's a lot of work and dedication to face down the emotional demons that we usually push aside and ignore.  As Dr. W. said last night: "The things we have been running away from all our lives are the very things we now need to turn around and look in the face and deal with what we have been avoiding all along." 

I've agreed to teach a drawing class next month.  It's the annual "Gal's Day Out" event that my mother organizes at her church where 150-200 ladies get together and take craft classes throughout the day.  I've taught a class every year for the past 12 years so there was no getting out of it.  I'll be teaching "doodling" -- not exactly something you'd think needs a class since we all doodle, but the angle I'm taking is that doodling can be a form of relaxation from stress or a form of meditation or prayer.  And the type of doodling I'm teaching is a bit more structured than what you draw while talking on the phone or listening to a lecture or something.  I've got a mini-doodle-book started (click the link, you can see some of my doodles) and I'm trying to fill as many pages as I can in the next two weeks - it'll serve as the sample that people can see when they're signing up for classes. So I'm carrying it everywhere with me and doing my best to grab spare minutes here and there to doodle.  It really is relaxing!

I've been slacking on my vitamins lately.  I don't know what my problem is exactly but I'm starting to piss myself off about it.  Also not doing great with water intake.  That's one thing I tend to forget about when I'm busy and then at the end of the day I find myself dying of thirst and realize I hadn't had any fluids the whole day.  I need to do better on these things.

So that's a general wrap up of what's going on over here.  I've got a couple specific topics I want to chat about with ya'll and I'm hoping to catch up on those thoughts in the next week or so. 

~Pam

1 comment:

  1. I love your Zendangles! I have to confess to being a doodler all my life but it wasn't until I read your blog about Zendangles one day that I knew there was a whole life for them out there! I use Pigmapens in my quilting and embroidery so I had some on hand. I don't a few I really like and plan to digitize them for machine embroidery. I have this jacket in mind! A friend of mine is using one of mine as a free motion quilting design.

    Once again, you've inspired me in ways you'll never know!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails