Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Busy Week

This week at work is very busy. And it's spilling over into my after-work time too. I am coordinating the Health and Wellness Expo for the upcoming half marathon this weekend. I have a couple helpers, but essentially all the detail work and logistics is handled by ... your's truly. We're expecting about 10,000 racers and their family members as well as the general public to come through the expo on Friday and Saturday. I have 55 vendors exhibiting their merchandise and services. We've been working on this for the past year. It's a pretty huge deal. And this is crunch week when it all comes together.
Today is only Tuesday and I'm already exhausted.
In addition to all the stuff I have to do for the Expo, there's also all the other daily stuff that needs to get done at the office too. Which hit me hard today. I'm facing a major non-expo-related project that needs to be done tomorrow (got it late this afternoon) and it's one of those types of things that should probably take three days to do. Plus one of my bosses is retiring and this is his last week, so there are a ton of last minute issues he needs help dealing with. Not to mention a special project I was asked to complete "tonight" at home and have ready for tomorrow (just finished it at 10:30).
And let's not even mention that my fall classes started this week, so there's all the stuff that goes along with starting a new semester at college.
With the crazy schedule this week I am already struggling with staying on track with vitamins and water. Eating was bad yesterday since I was on-site and not near my normal food stuff. I got home around 10:30 p.m. yesterday and realized I hadn't taken a single vitamin or calcium all day. Eating today was better since I packed everything before I left the house this morning and I did better with vitamins too. I'm fully aware that I'm overwhelmed, over stressed and not taking care of myself like I should. It's like a fleeting thought that passes through my brain saying "you missed your 11am vitamins" - but I'm not in a place where I can rectify the error and by the time I remember again, it's 3pm already.
My goal is to get through the coming days without blowing up at anyone. Feeling like I'm on edge and ready to bite someone's head off is not a good feeling to have. I'm going to release the guilt that is crowding my emotions already -- if I screw up this week with vitamins and food, so be it. It's not the end of the world and I know I'll be back on track next week. I'll just do the best I can, when I can.
So if I'm not around much this week, you'll know I'm buried in a pile of work. I'm looking forward to Sunday when I can sleep late and not get out of my jammies all day.
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails