Sunday, April 12, 2009

Race Day

Well, technically yesterday was race day... but I'm just getting around to posting about it today.  BTW - Happy Easter all!
Saturday was the Tax Trot in Flushing.  After I signed up I found out my friend Kristy was also registered, so we rode down together for the race.  It was pretty chilly and we were bundled up in sweatshirts and coats, mittens and head bands.  It was fun though.  
I used my Sansa media player to listen to Podrunner.  I used a mix that kept me on pace with 139 beats per minute.  These really help me keep up my speed all throughout the race. 
I still need to find a second race for April.  Because my next two Saturdays are already booked, I'm having a difficult time finding something that fits into my crazy schedule.  I have some new race lists from yesterday's race, so I'll look through that this afternoon.
Distance:  3.1 miles
Time: 51:09
Pace: 16:30
Weather:  34-degrees, very windy on parts of the course

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails