Monday, February 23, 2009

Anxiety?

You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you've done something wrong and you feel like you're about to get caught and get into big trouble?  Kind of anxiety, kind of dread. Like big nasty butterflies boucing around in your tummy making you feel slightly sick.
I've been feeling like that the past few days.  I think it's a direct result of my figuring out that my increasing my calorie intake to 1400/day... isn't really true.  I've been averaging closer to 1100-1200, not the 1400 that my RMR demands.  And on days when my food log hits 1300 or over, I know those are days when I freak out.  Is my brain purposefully holding me back to 1100-1200 for reasons of sanity?  I know the science says I need 1400.  But for some reason my pouch won't accept that amount when I sit down and plan it all out.  
I need to get over this hump.  Somehow I need to get in 1400 calories a day and be mentally OK with it.  
Going to bed now.  Maybe the butterflies will leave my tummy while I sleep.
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails