Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Feed a Cold ...

I'm getting sick and I can't seem to stop eating.  
Since my surgery 11 months ago I have not been sick for a single day.  No sniffles and no fever and no flu... nothing.  This past week while my furnace was out my house was very cold and I ended up with a sore throat from sleeping in a cold bedroom.  Then today I woke up with a crazy allergy day and couldn't stop sneezing (even with Benedryl).  So combine those two and today wasn't fun.  Sneezing, running nose, sore throat and now a hacking cough.
There's a sinus and flu thing going around the office -- my boss was out 3 days last week and brought it back with him on Monday.  I think he passed it along to me and others.  Thanks Bob!
This morning I was running late and didn't take the time to mix up a protein shake and I also discovered that I was out of my Pure Protein bars that I use when I'm late.  So I was already off my routine from the get-go.  
I have eaten so many times today.  I've also drank so much tea and water I'm going to float away!  I don't really get hungry ... but I get a feeling that I call "empty."  Basically my body feels empty and needs nutrition.  That's how I've felt all day today.  
So is the eating a result of not getting my protein in this morning or a result of getting sick?  I don't know.  But whatever it is... it's driving me nuts!
I'm going to take a hot shower, pop some Vitamin C and Benedryl and head to bed early tonight.  Hope I feel better tomorrow. 
~Pam

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I you are better tomorrow.
    Blessings,
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails