Thursday, February 07, 2008

Emotional Wreck Right Now

Just when I thought I was handling the stress of this week so well..... This week at work is the busiest, most stressful week of the entire year. I work for the CEO's office - specifically for his media guy and speech writer (I'm the administrative assistant for the media department). Tomorrow night (Thursday) is the big annual year end speech by the CEO. So we've been working on the speech and the whole event that goes with it since November-ish. I coordinate most of the logistics for the event surrounding the speech (exhibitors, media packets, reception for450 invited guests, etc.). (This speech is the reason I needed to have my surgery (and be back to work) before Christmas or else I would have had to wait until mid-February for surgery.) So anyway...... I normally leave the office at 5:30, but tonight I stayed late as the final changes were made to the speech and I left around 8:00 pm. Ok, no big deal. It's done and the file is at the printers, the website guys and the CD burning guys.... things are in good shape. But here in mid-Michigan we are in the midst of the worst winter snow storm we've had in 30 years (which I just learned on the news tonight). So far we've got 12 inches and we're suppose to get another 2 to 3 inches by morning. And I -- in my infinite wisdom -- decided to drive home after work and drive back tomorrow morning. Duh! It took me nearly 3 hours to get home and I even had to call a wrecker (which I later canceled) to pull me out of a snowbank 2 miles from my house. Long story short.... I'm home. But I'm now stuck in another snowbank that used to be my driveway. I started to shovel myself out tonight when I got home, but it was 11:00 p.m. and I was exhausted, so didn't finish. I'll have to do it tomorrow morning, I guess. Still not sure what I'm going to do to get back to work tomorrow. But here it is, 12:15 a.m. and I'm still wired and the adrenaline is still pumping and can't bring myself to going to bed. And I am an emotional wreck. Feel like I'm the verge of tears. Haven't felt this "single" in a long time. Makes it pretty depressing to drive through all that mess and come home to an empty house. Pity Party for Pam. Maybe I'll go to bed after all. ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails