Tuesday, December 25, 2007

6 Weeks Out Today

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your holiday was filled with celebration, love and happy family times. So today is my 6 Week mark and I thought I'd give a little update. As of this morning's official weigh-in, I'm down 39 pounds. (4 of them in the past week.) I'm feeling very good and can actually make it all the way through the day without getting worn out or tired. Although last week, my first week back to work, was a bit tough and definitely kicked my butt. I've got two short weeks coming up, so things should be easier. I bought a new shirt the other day. It was a full 3 sizes smaller than what I normally would have bought before surgery. Yippee! I feel like I walk taller and feel more confident when I know I'm wearing an outfit that slims me a bit. The eating has been a bit tough the past week or so. I think it's because I'm pushing myself too fast and not chewing like I should. It has been pretty difficult to keep on a regular eating schedule when there are so many Christmas parties and family gatherings with buffets of food that don't necessarily agree with me or are not yet on my food eating plan. I've been experimenting with foods that I probably shouldn't. And I'm breaking the rule of "try only 1 new food per day." And I'm paying the price for that too. My first vomit-or-near-vomit experiences were not fun at all and I NEED to learn how to avoid those with better behavior. I have my 6-week follow up appointment with the surgeon a week from tomorrow. I guess I made up with having a late 6-week appointment because I had my 2-week appointment 6 days early. I'm looking forward to getting my clearance to try eating whatever I want to experiment with... also clearance on my lifting restriction. So I guess overall I'm doing good. I'll be glad when the holidays are over and I can get back to normal eating again (1 more family celebration next week). I have a couple new recipes and I'll post those soon. Pam

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Thanks for watching my videos on Youtube! I have been so good all this time too, but I find myself startign to eat faster as i gain confidence, mostly cuz I have been running around for the holidays. i usually sit down and focus on my fod and i do better that way. Even if it means sitting in the parking lot to eat my Pintos n' cheese from Taco bell instead of grubbing driving down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it has to be being a new post op at this time of the year. At least you are aware that you may be rushing things a bit.

    Thank goodness the holidays are almost over so we can get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails