Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Diet Continues

This week I’ll have my 8th official weigh-in for my 12-month diet documentation. So far the total weight loss is minimal – I’ve been jockeying back and forth with the same 3 or 4 pounds. I have faithfully been sticking to a healthy 1200-1500 per day calorie count and have been exercising 3 to 5 days per week for at least 30 minutes. I track my food and exercise on www.fitday.com and keep my hard-copy fitness journal updated with daily weigh-ins and a summary of my calorie count and exercise as well. I’m doing everything right, but still the scale doesn’t move. My new doctor told me that I need to stay with the program because my body is constantly fighting against my efforts. If I go off the program then the body wins and I’ll gain weight quickly. The only goal right now that he has set for me it so maintain my current body weight until I get through these final months to surgery. He has told me that there are so many things stacked against me with my hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance and genetic make up that surgery is my only option for true weight loss. Okay, so I hear all those things he’s telling me. But my heart still gets discouraged when every single day I’m trying so hard yet nothing happens. It’s discouraging. It’s hard to keep going on the program. I hate it. But still I persist. I persist because I know there is a way for me to be healthy and happy with my weight. I just need to continue walking down the road on that journey until I get to the turning point that will help. So I persist. ~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails