Friday, October 16, 2009

Today's Eating

Lately I haven't been tracking my food in FitDay. Mostly because I can calculate this stuff in my head automately since I've been doing it so long. So for the past 2 to 3 months I haven't been tracking every single day. But every few weeks I'll put my day's plan into FitDay to make sure I'm on track. Today was one of those days... And I was mostly right. I had been estimating that I've been eating around 1500 calories and getting about 100-120g protein. I was right that I am getting around 1500 calories. But my protein is MUCH higher than I figured. Today is around 160g protein. And here I was thinking I'd like to add another protein drink to my daily routine. Ha! Today's Eating Plan 7:15 a.m. - commute to work - Protein Hot Chai Tea 8:45 a.m. - arrive at work - "fake latte" (steamed milk & coffee) 10:00 a.m. - breakfast - Carbmaster yogurt w/ Kashi Go Lean 1:00 p.m. - lunch - homemade chili, pretzel crisps & hummus 2:30 p.m. - chocolate attack snack - Chocolite Protein Bar 4:30 p.m. - snack - apple & 2 Sargento Light mozz cheesesticks 7:30 p.m. - dinner - turkey sandwich on Arnold Thin w/ side of raw veggies and dip 10:00 p.m. - snack - strawberry protein frosty (Crystal Light, yogurt, strawberries, ice, protein) Totals Calories: 1489 Fat: 29g -- 16% Carbs: 137g (net carbs) -- 44% Fiber: 50g Protein: 163g -- 40% Observations:
  • My fat intake is too low. I need to shoot for 20-25%.
  • My fiber is too high, I can eliminate the fiber supplement in the morning chai tea.
  • My protein is on the high side and I could eliminate second protein drink at night.
  • My calories are in the right range. I'm burning an average of 2200/day, so the deficit today is 700 calories. Which SHOULD equal 1.5 pound loss per week. Ha!
  • My percentages aren't too bad, just need to keep it close to 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fat, so today was fairly good.

1 comment:

  1. Fat intake too low? I can help!! ;) I can send you some of my own rendered lard from local homegrown hogs. Seriously - it really is good for you. High in vitamin D. You can cook with it, bake with it, whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails