Greek Yogurt Coleslaw
- 1 small (really small) head cabbage
- 3/4 c. shredded carrots (or buy the bag of shredded carrots at the store)
- 1/4 c. fresh chives (from my garden)
- 12 oz greek style yogurt (I used Oikos from Walmart)
- 1 sploosh white vinegar (maybe 1/4c ??)
- 2 T. Splenda
- 1 T. celery seed
- salt & pepper
- milk (optional)
- mayo (not officially a part of the recipe, read description below)
Shread the veggies and mix in a bowl. It was fun to get to use fresh chives from my garden (which isn't actually planted yet, but these came back from last year). In a separate bowl mix the dressing. Depening on how much cabbage mixture you have, you might need to increase the amount of yogurt and vinegar. I personally added a splash of milk to thin out the dressing - but you might not need to do this.
Ok, so I made this up and let it marry a bit in the fridge for the flavors to mingle. But I really didn't like the taste of it. I'm sure this stems from the fact that I don't like greek yogurt - it was a bit too "sour cream" tasting. So I added about 1/2 cup of mayo to the salad and mixed it in. The flavor improved 100% and I actually like it.