Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Black Bean & Chicken Soup

I made some soup this weekend and it's delicious! Not sure where I got the base recipe for this, but I've added a few things from the original. Here's my version:

Easy Black Bean & Chicken Soup


  • 2 cans black beans (juice and all) 
  • 1 c. chicken (I used some leftover rotisserie chicken both white and dark meat) 
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion 
  • 1 c. salsa 
  • 3 c. chicken broth 
  • 1-2 t. minced garlic (use fresh if you have it, I used the jars stuff)
  • salt and pepper to taste 
Add it all to the slow cooker and let it simmer for several hours. You could also puree this a little bit with a hand blender if you want a thicker consistency (a great option for newbie WLS patients). 

Enjoy!
~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails