Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Recipes

When the sun is high in the sky and the temperature is rising, I just don't feel like cooking. I want summer food! Usually that's something simple and cool like salad or a wrap sandwich or a big ole pile of fruit. I thought I'd share some of my favorite summertime recipes today.


Chicken Salad -- delicious with rotiserie chicken, grapes and celery. I love this on a bed or mixed salad greens and slices of fresh tomato

Tortilla Pizza -- So many this isn't just for summertime but I love how quick and easy these Tortilla Pizzas are - and once you get going on these, the topping choices are endless! They work great by using the round fajita shells, or you can use the FlatOut Bread for something a bit more sturdy.

Fruit Smoothies -- nothing like a healthy protein smoothie on a hot summer day. The Fuzzy Navel is a favorite. Or my go-to option is just banana & strawberries.

Protein Popsicles -- Yes, we all need a sweet frozen treat. Here's a recipe for Protein Fruit Popsicles. Or how about Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas? I especially love my Blackberry Yogurt Protein Popsicles.

Salads -- I love this Crunchy Asian Coleslaw and it makes a great dish to pass for picnics. Or you could do some Greek Yogurt Coleslaw for some added protein.

Fruit Jello Bars -- and who doesn't love Jello for a cool summer treat? These are a great hit at picnics too. They're like finger Jello for adults.

For more food ideas you can always check out my Recipe Index for a full list of all the recipes here on my blog.

Enjoy!
Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails