Monday, November 29, 2010

What to do with Leftover Cranberry Sauce

How much cranberry sauce did you have leftover from Thanksgiving? I had lots! But my new Black-Cranberry Citrus Sauce was so delicious I didn't want to let it go to waste. So I've concocted a few recipes to use up my leftovers.


DSC_9188



DSC_9187Low-Carb Cranberry Pancakes
2/3 cup carbquik baking mix
1 egg
1/4 cup Black-Cranberry Citrus Sauce
up to 1/4c water

Topping
1/4 cup Black-Cranberry Citrus Sauce
2 Tablespoon Mrs. Butterworth SF Syrup
Apple-Pie Spice

So the pancake recipe is the same basic variety I've used for other low-carb pancakes I've made, but instead of the applesauce I used the cranberry sauce. Only add enough water to make the batter the right consistency. You want it to be like thick muffin mix.

I like my fruit topping to be warm (remember the Warm Raspberry Sauce pancakes?). So I added the cranberry sauce and syrup to a bowl and heated it in the mircowave for 1 minute. I recently bought this apple-pie spice at the dollar store. It seems to be a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and maybe some sugar (it doesn't say on the label what's in it). So I sprinkled some of that on top too.

DSC_9197

Strawberry-Cranberry Protein Shake

1 cup milk
1 scoop strawberry protein powder (I used Body Fortress)
1 container strawberry Carbmaster yogurt
1/4 cup Black-Cranberry Citrus Sauce
2 packets Splenda
Ice

Add all ingredients to the blender and let it whirl. Adjust the amount of ice you use to give you a thicker or thinner shake.

I was on the run so I put my shake in my new Copco Reusable Tumbler and drank it while heading out to shop. (I also bought the Copco Coffee Cup and love that too.)


Cranberry Cheesecake!

I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to! I've got all the ingredients except the Greek yogurt - which I plan to buy this week - so it's on the menu. But I wanted to link to the recipe in this post, so you can try it out too.

Nikki over at Bariatric Foodie concocted a WLS-friendly cheesecake recipe and it sounds super delicious (and easy!). So my thought is to top it with the Black-Cranberry Citrus Sauce. Kind of like cherry cheesecake, only with cranberry.

Enjoy your leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails