Sunday, May 02, 2010

Race Day

Kristy was really trucking during the race. She's been a race maniac this year and has already done a bunch of races this season. Me? Nope, not so much. This was my first race of the year and with my hectic schedule I haven't been doing much training lately either - so I figured I'd be crawling across the finish line. But I tried to keep up with Kristy's pace for the whole race. Before the 1 mile mark I was already sore and felt like my legs were going to fall off! But I kept pace with her and we crossed the finish line together.

At one point Kristy turned to me and said, "If I'm holding you back, go ahead and leave me behind."  LOL! I laughed at her because I was dying and busting my butt to keep up.

Record finish time for me!  And it's all Kristy's fault!

Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 47:14  --- New record!
Pace: 15:04

Weather: drizzle and chilly (an hour before race time it was raining hard, so clear weather was nice)

Cheryl (far left) and Mary (far right) are friends from OH who we met in Holland for a meet-n-greet. This was the first race for both of them. They did great and finished the race like troopers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails