Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pink Pancakes

DSC_3376


On the weekends, when I have time, I like to make Carbquik Pancakes. I use Nikki's recipe


Yesterday I came across an outstanding deal on blackberries -- 10 packs /$10 - so instead of my usual blueberries, I used blackberries. And I had this idea that I'd use raspberry Divinci syrup instead of vanilla for the flavor. and yes, the flavor was perfect... but... Oops! my pancakes turned out pink. LOL 


Add some sugar free maple syrup on top with a side of pre-cooked bacon and you've got a super delicious, low carb, high-fiber, protein-forward breakfast. 


 Here's the recipe:

1/3 c. Carbquick 
1 egg 
1 tablespoon SF applesauce 
1 splash raspberry Divinci syrup 
blackberries 


 Mix the batter (without the berries). It will be very thick. Drop by spoon into hot greased skillet. On top of the batter, add the blackberries and press them into the pancake to embed them into the mix. Flip when it's ready. Top with sugar free maple syrup.


This makes 3 medium size pancakes. I was able to eat 2 of them (usually I can eat all 3). I'll save the other one for a snack later.

Stats for the entire batch (calculated with the berries included):
Calories - 194
Fat - 11g
Carbs - 24g (9g net carbs)
Fiber - 15g
Protein - 13g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails