Monday, September 14, 2009

Caramel Apple Protein Cider

Over the weekend there was a discussion on the OH forums about other types of protein drinks like my Protein Chai Tea. Basically, mixing all the dry ingredients for the drink together in one big batch and have it available to make an individual drink when you're ready.

Here's the original discussion. One of the ideas I threw out was a apple cider type mix. So then Lisa said she Googled the idea and found a recipe. I tried it immediately. And it was fairly delicious. (Thanks Lisa!) But it needed some tweaks for my personal taste. So here's the result:

Caramel Apple Protein Cider


  • 2 cups non-fat powdered milk
  • 1 1/2 cups vanilla protein powder (equal to 6 scoops)
  • 1/2 cup Splenda
  • 6 pkts sugar free Apple Cider mix
  • 1/2 box sugar free butterscotch dry pudding mix (equal to approx 3 tablespoons)
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon nutmeg

Combine all ingredients together and mix well and store in an airtight container. When you're ready to make a mug of cider, here's how:

Add 1/2 cup of mixture to mug. Add a splash of cold water and mix well until you have a smooth paste with no lumps. Slowly add hot water and continue mixing to eliminate any lumps. I have large mugs so I used about 10-12oz of water per batch. If you have smaller mugs, then reduce the amount of dry mix.

If you want to mix your drink the "automated" way (like I do), here's how. Add 1/2c mixture to a blender jar and add the splash of cold water. Turn on the blender on low and let it mix and then slowly add hot water from the tea kettle while the blender is still whirling. Pour into a mug and enjoy.

Makes 8 servings:
Calories: 161
Fat: 1.5g
Carbs: 15g
Protein: 25g

Whole batch stats:
Calories - 1289
Fat - 12g
Carbs - 119g
Protein - 204g

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you lately that I love you? NO, sorry! I should have because I love your blog. I usually dont post anything, but your protein drink mixes are great! I LOVE the chai mix and cant wait to apple cider one. Now all I have to do is get some vanilla protein powder (I tried a new one and HATE it!) and some more powdered milk.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails