Thursday, August 06, 2009

Blackberry Yogurt Protein Popsicle

I just received my first edition of the Yoga magazine I subscribed to. So far I'm highly impressed. It's about more than just yoga ... it's about healthy living, meditation and has some amazing recipes too. So when I came across this one for Blackberry Yogurt Popsicles, I had to give it a try. But of course I needed to modify it a bit to make it more WLS friendly. These are SERIOUSLY delicious! I have some raspberries in the fridge and plan to try this recipe with them next.


Blackberry Yogurt Protein Popsicles


2 containers Carbmaster Vanilla Yogurt 
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
6-10 oz blackberries - (juice only)
1/3 c. Guava Nectar (recipe called for Agave Nectar, but I didn't have any)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla


In a blender puree the blackberries (recipe called for 10oz, but I only had a 6oz package and it worked fine). Pour pureed blackberries into a mesh strainer and let the juice seep through - you will probably need to press the mixture through with a spoon. Discard the seeds and pulp.


In a bowl mix yogurt, protein powder, nectar, lemon juice and vanilla until well blended (I used a whisk). Add the blackberry juice and mix. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 8 hours. My popsicle molds held 1/2 cup of the mixture and made 7 servings. 


With that serving size the following stats apply:
Calories: 70 Fat: 1g Carbs: 5.5g Fiber: 1.5g Protein: 11g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails