Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chicken Salad

This week I've been enjoying a batch of chicken salad.  It's super delicious and very fillilng.  It's a perfect meal for a hot summer day or to enjoy while on a picnic.  So, I thought I'd share the recipe with you today.


Chicken Salad


1 pound chicken (I used boneless skinless breasts)
1 cup grapes (halved)
1 stalk celery (diced)
1/4 c. slivered almonds
1/2 c. salad dressing or mayo (I used light)
2 t. celery seed
salt and pepper to taste


I baked the chicken breasts this time, but you can also boil or grill them if that's easier.  Or just use leftovers or a rotiserrie chicken.  Cut chicken into small chunks.  Sliced grapes in half and dice celery.  Mix all ingredients together.  


I usually have it on  a bed of mixed salad greens and some sliced tomatoes. Sometimes I spritz the salad greens with a spray or two of balsamic salad dressing first, sometimes I just let the mayo of the chicken salad serve as dressing for the greens.  


This batch makes 6 servings of about 6oz each.  Here are the stats per serving:


Calories: 177
Fat: 7g
Carbs: 9g
Protein: 21g

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmm, you could swap out the grapes for apples, and almonds for walnuts and have chicken waldorf. It is tasty too.

    a dab of some whip cream mixed with your mayo, gives it a boost too. Something I learned when I used to cater.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails